Friday, February 15, 2013

a night at the ballet

Yesterday was Valentine's Day - and Chandler and I are not much for giving gifts (though I did get him one of his favorite treats - licorice). We would rather do stuff together! So yesterday we went to lunch at the Pendulum Court Cafe at BYU. It was us and the two girls in his ISYS group at school and their significant others/spouses. That was so fun to have lunch with some new friends!

Then I left Chandler on campus to take a test and I headed to teach. Then I came home, put on a cute dress, made dinner and took some to my sister Erin while I was on my way to meet Chandler back on campus. I took him dinner and then we were on our way!

...

On your way to what? you might ask (but if you had read the title you would have an idea). It was Chandler's idea to go to the BYU Theater Ballet's performance of "The Sleeping Beauty" this lovely Valentine's Day. As a dancer who gets quite obsessed and giddy about going to performances, I can't say how pleased I was to have Chandler suggest such a thing a few days ago. He truly is the man of my heart.

The concert was beautiful! I loved the colorful and sparkly tutus, the beautiful set, and the emotional tones of Tchaikovsky's original score played by a live orchestra. The dancing itself was also exquisite. I just wanted to get up on stage and dance with them! Watching the ballet brought back so many memories of times I had performed pieces of this beautiful ballet. It was just another reminder of what I love about it.


The best part though? Being next to Chandler - who enjoyed the ballet as well. I loved to hear his opinion on how he liked/disliked the style of this particular performance. That is one of the things I love about Chandler. He is open-minded to enjoying things that I love - like ballet. He is so supportive. He asked me if I could see any ballet company in the world, who would I want to go see. When I told him, he said "Okay, let's do it! Let's work hard so we can do that."

My heart is melting! It was such a wonderful evening. It made me so giddy to be dressed up, going to a live performance, with my arm around the man I love.

3 comments:

  1. You are too cute! I miss you both and can't wait to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too cute! I miss you both and can't wait to get together!

    ReplyDelete