Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Carnival of the animals

My students had their concert the last weekend in May. It was a great show. They performed in Carnival of the Animals and I had classes that were aviary and aquarium. I had three pieces of choreography in the show and I couldn't be more proud of how my students did. The parents that I talked to were impressed with the improvement their daughters have made - I am glad they can see that because I get to see it in action every day in class. All of my students really worked hard this year. I will be back to teach some of them in the fall, but I am teaching fewer classes and a group of the girls have moved up or are leaving so I will miss this specific group of girls. It is definitely bittersweet to see students move up because I feel like they are my own girls in a way. I love to see them progress and move up but I miss them when we don't spend nearly every day together anymore. I think I have said it before but I love being a teacher because it is so fulfilling. 

I had a group of girls perform for their first time on pointe and they did great! For being on pointe for a little less than a year, they did fantastically. They looked strong and did a lot better than I did the first performance that I wore pointe shoes! haha... Also, for one of the shows Boston and Chandler came to watch and Boston loved being in the audience and backstage. It was so much to take in and observe. The girls loved seeing him too of course :)

My cute girls surprised me with a gift at the last show - to say thank you and goodbye for the summer. They brought a tutu out on stage when all the teachers came out and put it around my waist (when I caught them making it they said it was for the studio director so it was definitely a surprise to find out it was for me). They also gave me a gift box with a beautiful dancer necklace inside. I got lots of hugs and a few tears after the show :) Show time is always so fun and I am grateful I have Chandler's support in what I do.

Now for the load of pictures!

Backstage

Warm up class






Pointe warm up
Mini company - aquarium. Sadly I didn't get any shots of them on stage.
Jr company/pointe class girls - aviary. We are missing a couple of girls. 
My dancers on stage:

Pointe class with level 2 dancers - and I am so proud of the girls who weren't on pointe yet but were fantastic understudies.




Jr. company aviary - full class






A few other dances from the show:











I have the best job ever!


















No comments:

Post a Comment