Monday, October 15, 2012

I am grateful for...

There are so many wonderful things in life, and I decided it would help me to have a post dedicated to expressing my gratitude for a few things. Ever since Chandler and I knew we were getting married we decided to begin a little gratitude journal that we write in every night. We have been really good about it so far, but we don't spend time writing extensive lists of things we are grateful for - just a brief entry each night. This can be my slightly longer list of things I am most recently grateful for. :)

This is just one list of things I am really grateful for: (in no particular order)

-a visit from my parents! They live in CA and it has been months since I have seen both of my parents. They were in town this past week! It is always nice to see family and spend time with them. I am so grateful for my mom and dad - who they are and who they raised me to be. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving with them in sunny So. Cal!

-my home! Chandler and I live in a beautiful and comfortable one bedroom basement apartment with the most adorable landlady. We so proudly call it our home. I am so grateful for the kitchen - which is teaching me to stay on top of things (like dishes), and which has enough counter space for all of my fun cooking experiments. Grateful for the washer and dryer too!

-my jobs! As mentioned in the previous post, I am grateful I can work a few jobs that I enjoy and that feel worthwhile. As an extension of this, I am so grateful for my wonderful students. They are sweet hearts and I am lucky to be their teacher. :)

-General Conference! Last weekend instead of going to our normal church meetings we had an opportunity to hear from our modern day prophet and church leaders. It was exactly what I needed to re-motivate myself to be better and to feel inspired by truly amazing men and women of God. I want to be more like them in so many ways, and I want to have a home that always houses the spirit of the Lord. I am grateful for my Heavenly Father and that He gives us moments like this to help us enjoy our journey here on earth.

-Fall weather! It has been fun seeing the colors of the trees begin to change in the past couple of weeks and to feel the crisp air.

-exercise! I have been horrible at consistent exercise ever since I graduated and stopped dancing every day for hours. But I am grateful for my body and that it is healthy and that I can exercise. (I have even gone running twice in the last few days!)

-My husband, Chandler! Chandler is my best friend, and we have grown so much together each and every day. He works so hard in all he does, and he is always caring about me and my well-being. He is a good example. He is really funny and has the most amazing smile ever. Chandler is my support and the love of my life. I look forward to spending my life with him and beyond. This month we hit 6 months of being married - here's to being newlyweds for life!

What are you grateful for?






3 comments:

  1. I needed to read that. Thanks, Candace. Always good to hear about you and your life! I love you.

    ReplyDelete