Tuesday, October 23, 2012

food and forts, among other things

This post does not have an overarching theme - there were just too many fun things I wanted to share!

After the BYU "Spectacular"!
A couple of weeks ago, when my parents were here, they bought all of us (me, Chandler, and my two younger sisters Leigh and Erin) tickets to go with them to see the BYU Homecoming Spectacular performance in the Marriott Center. It was a lot of fun. There was an error with the tickets, and we ended up sitting in the final row of the nose-bleed section (the back wall of the Marriott center was the only thing behind us). It was fine though, we had a great view of everything! And Chandler and I got to add yet another show to our list of performances we have seen :)

Another thing I wanted to share is to always remember to have the heart of a kid - it makes simple things more enjoyable! When Chandler was doing homework one night, about a week ago, I was bored of waiting around for him, so I built myself a fort in our front room. We had built forts a couple of times when we were engaged and one time I slipped while calling our fort a mix between a fort and a hut. We now endearingly call them 'horts'. So, here is a shot of my 'hort'. It was fun and passed some of the time. I felt creative and excited at the thought of figuring out how to make the best 'hort' imaginable.

Chandler later joined me in the 'hort' and we read scriptures together before bed. It was fun! And it was an amazing and very spacious hort if I do say so myself.

Then, a few days ago, I used the leftover ingredients my parents left with me to make my very own "Mulliner Homemade Pizza". I struggled with the dough a bit (so far my biggest weakness in cooking has been making bread doughs...), but it turned out pretty good! Here's what it looked like!

sausage, shredded pepperoni, and ham all covering an authentic Italian sauce and dough - yum!

Also, Chandler had another club event with the AIS club (Association for Information Systems) and it was another activity for him and a 'guest'. It was a concert with "Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band" hosted once again by the generous Ernst and Young accounting firm. It was full of fiddling and fun, ringing cow bells and clapping clappers, and topped off with a free CD at the end and goodies all around - including a giant cookie on a stick (like a lollipop) for each person in attendance. Such a fun (and free) time and another one for the books!
Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band in concert

We love our simple, yet still exciting, adventures. Spending time with Chandler is my favorite thing to do. :)

What simple things do you enjoy?



No comments:

Post a Comment