Wednesday, October 2, 2013

a blessed life

These days I am constantly anxious for what is coming next, but I can't help but be excited right now too! Our little boy is still growing big and strong (4 1/2 weeks to go!), Chandler is thriving in the exposure and experience he is getting through his program, and I have great friends who have showered me and our baby with wonderful gifts! What more could a girl ask for?

At the Ernst and Young dinner
Chandler says "tis the season for recruiting", and boy it is! He has gone to a lot of events and fairs and interviews for potential internships (his most recent pride and joy is an interview for an internship with Microsoft - wahoo!). And I have been invited to a few things with him as well. Last Thursday evening we got to go to a dinner hosted by Ernst and Young in the barn at Thanksgiving Point. It was so fun and fancy! When we walked in they gave each girl a rose, and each guy a leather-man. We had our assigned table with our names labeling our seats and wonderful desserts, drinks, and salads on the tables. When things got started they brought out a wonderful meal of steak, salmon, asparagus, and mashed potatoes. It was so good! (And I liked the break from cooking :). The whole event was to get to know the recruiters and interviewers before everyone interviewed the following day for different positions. It was good to listen to the different experiences people have had working with Ernst and Young.  At the end of the event they welcomed us to take any flowers home in addition to our rose, and Chandler went up on the stage to put together a pretty bouquet since I told him I liked the arrangement they had. :) He is awesome. And Chandler's interview went well! I hope we can narrow down what we want to do this summer - there are so many opportunities.

Also, this past Saturday afternoon my wonderful friend and fellow teacher Corinne hosted a baby shower for me in her beautiful home. She made amazing food (banana bread, pumpkin coconut bread, fruit salad, juice...). It was all so good. And she had such cute decorations - including a diaper cake! (I have secretly always wanted a diaper cake :). I regret that I didn't take any pictures at the shower with those who came (it's more important to just enjoy the moment, right?;), but I did get a picture of all the gifts when I got home. I had such a good time visiting with good friends and feel so blessed with the gifts they gave me. I am feeling more and more prepared to be a mommy (come on little man!). That time visiting with women and mothers whom I admire so much was really just what I needed. 


The bouquet Chandler put together (please ignore the clutter)

 
Adorable diaper cake!


Thank you for the gifts! And for all the things we have been given so far too :)

35 1/2 weeks! (one of my students said wearing that shirt I looked like a ninja turtle but with the shell on the front - haha!)



2 comments:

  1. You are getting so close! I can't wait to meet this little guy.

    ReplyDelete