Tuesday, October 22, 2013

RMAIR

Last week I had the opportunity to go to part of the RMAIR Conference (Rocky Mountain Association of Institutional Research) at the University of Utah. It sounds kind of nerdy but I loved the opportunity! You can now call me a nerd :). With my job as a research assistant at UVU I have had so many great experiences and this was one of them. Me, my fellow research assistant Elin, and our boss Luanne got to do a presentation at one of the sessions on how we run our research call center at UVU and how it has helped the university. Though there weren't very many people at our specific session, it was a wonderful opportunity to present at a conference with colleges from all over the west. We also got to attend other conferences about different aspects of higher ed, and Institutional Research specifically. I find so many aspects of Institutional Research very interesting, and I have definitely learned that when we have evidence and clear facts it is easier to create positive change. I have seen that many times at UVU with the information that we gather. It was cool to see what other universities are doing too.

Sadly, I am leaving my job when our little boy gets here, but I have loved the last couple of years being a part of the Institutional Research team at UVU and being a supervisor in the call center. The last year has been an especially good time and I have learned a lot and value the relationships that I have been able to build.

No comments:

Post a Comment